- CALL HEARNES FOR FURTHER INFORMATION & TO BOOK A VIEWING
- SIMPLY STUNNING CHARACTER HOME WITH A WEALTH OF FEATURES IN IDYLLIC VILLAGE LOCATION
- FORMER POST OFFICE, LOVINGLY & SYMPATHETICALLY RESTORED & IMPROVED
- INCREDIBLY SPACIOUS & FLEXIBLE ACCOMMODATION APPROXIMATELY 1900 SQ FT.
- 4/5 BEDROOMS WITH 3/4 FORMAL RECEPTIONS
- FABULOUS STYLISH FITTED KITCHEN & ADJOINING CONSERVATORY/GARDEN ROOM
- VERY USEFUL BOOT ROOM, UTILITY ROOM & CLOAKROOM
- BEAUTIFUL COURTYARD STYLE WALLED GARDEN WITH VERSATILE BRICK-BUILT OUTBUILDINGS
- OFF ROAD PARKING & GARAGE
- 3D VIRTUAL TOUR AVAILABLE, JUST CLICK ON PLAY ICON IN PHOTOS
Tenure: FreeholdA peaceful and idyllic village location, parking and a garage, are just a few features of this outstanding family home that was formerly the village Post Office. The Old Post House is a gorgeous character property that has been extensively, tastefully and sympathetically restored by the current owners, who have succeeded in creating a remarkable home that retains so many of its stunning original features.
The ground floor has been remodelled to create a really useful boot room/rear lobby, utility room and cloakroom. In addition to this is the impressive reception hall that leads to the two formal reception rooms that face the front, one currently being a beautiful elegant sitting room with open fire, the other is currently a family room but if required could be a fifth bedroom. Located at the rear and overlooking the beautiful walled gardens is the dining/breakfast room with log burner, a delightful conservatory and wonderful stylish re-fitted kitchen. The kitchen is fitted in a range of in frame sage coloured units with contrasting worktops and door furniture. It has a fridge freezer and Integrated dish washer.
The first floor lies host to four well-proportioned bedrooms, the master having a fabulous four-piece en-suite bath/shower room with separate shower cubicle an original slipper ball & claw foot bath and pillar taps. The remaining bedrooms have the use of a sleek white fitted shower room.
This utterly charming home further benefits from electric central heating (boiler replaced 2015) and secondary glazing to protect the sash windows.
The garden is private and enclosed and can be accessed from hall, conservatory and driveway. It comprises various seating areas, stocked flower and shrub beds and an area of lawn. Adjoining the garage are two really useful brick built buildings/workshops that would be perfect to convert into further usable space and is ideal if anyone wanted to create a home office away from the house.
Cranborne, a picturesque post card village bustling with local amenities such as excellent schools, garden centre, two country pubs a brewery and cheese maker. From the property are fabulous country walks.
COUNCIL TAX BAND: E
ENERGY PERFORMANCE RATING: tbc